Monday, October 15, 2007

Are we home yet?


Four months ago today we left Ohio. Soon after arriving in Payson we made the decision to live here. Actually Wes wanted to live here and I agreed to give it a try. Now I'm thinking this is actually where God wants us!

Settling in hasn't been easy. We decided to rent since we're in this "give it a try" phase and we have a nice 3 bedroom / 2 bath home. Pretty much meets our needs. Wes has been working since June 25 and I started to work the first of July. Finding this part-time job went a long way toward my choice to give Payson a try.

Searching for a church became one of our highest priorities. We have been to several, some more than once and one church six times. It's not happening. And you can about guess where that leaves me - lost and wondering and simply feeling like a fish out of water. I'm just not settled without a church home and none on the horizon.

This is a real challenge. Not having a church home is simply not an option. Being part of church where God is not calling us doesn't work. How many times have I said, "I'm not a church planter."?

As one friend put it, either we will be leaving Payson or we will start a new work. Which do you think we'll do?

No comments: